the joys of being a girl...

Tuesday, December 2, 2008
and that time of month. (>_<)

About once a month (give a take a few days), I get my period. It sucks. Sometimes I can feel as if I'm about to have it, sometimes I have to rely on my calendar. I usually feel really tired and lethargic, where walking around counts as "strenuous activity". On the first day, and sometimes the second day, I don't feel like eating - I only eat because I know I should. I don't think I get cranky or irritable or "PMS", but this could just be because no one has ever told me so.

The part I hate the most is that how it feels each time isn't consistent. Some months it is so debilitating that I usually spend hours lying in bed in the fetal position just whimpering and trying to will the pain to go away. I usually start popping Advil, but it takes awhile for it to kick in (and usually requires much more than the recommended dosage of 1 tablet every 4-6 hours). On these months, the pain usually only lasts one day. Other months, it can be pain that comes and goes for days. The pain is usually more bearable (meaning I can actually sit through class after taking 1-2 tablets of Advil), but I never know when the pain will start again. Then are the months where I don't get any cramps or feel any pain. These pain-free periods are incredibly rare for me, only once or twice a year.

This month it is the constant pain that comes and goes...sometimes it is unbearable...sometimes I feel like I can actually get up out of bed. I'm now waiting for the 2 4 tablest of Advil that I took 45 minutes ago to fully kick in. Like I said, it sucks.

No comments: